Founded in 1868 by former California Governor Leland Stanford, Pacific Life Insurance Company has grown to a Fortune 500 Company. The company eventually moved their headquarters to Newport Beach, California, a bustling seaside city of over 85,000 and remains there today.
Pacific Life has steadily increased its footprint in the U.S. insurance industry and as of December 31, 2017 controlled more than $143 billion in assets. This footprint ranks Pacific Life in the top 10 for life insurance sales. The company currently markets its insurance products in every state except New York.
We give Pacific Life a thumbs up for their term products. Just keep in mind that their IUL policy illustrations seem a little over exaggerated when it comes to interest rate projections. Your best bet is to compare indexed universal life insurance policies from several companies before making a decision.
Table of Contents
Pacific Life’s Financial Stability Ratings
As a mutual insurer, Pacific Life is owned by its policyholders rather than the public and as such they continue to boast very high ratings from all of the national rating services:
|A.M. Best||A+ (Superior)||Stable|
|Standard $ Poor's||AA-(very Strong)||Stable|
|The stable outlooks reflect the group historically maintaining a high level of risk-based capital, strongest balance sheet assessment, and solid trend in profitable operating performance within business segments.~ Best’s Credit Report|
Insurance and Financial Products from Pacific Life Insurance Company
As a leading financial services provider, Pacific Life offers assorted insurance products, annuities, and mutual funds for consumers in the United States. Additionally, they have become specialists in offering life insurance products for employers and businesses.
This leading insurer has also emerged as an industry leader for term insurance by acquiring Genworth’s new business platform as recently as 2016.
Pacific Life’s Liberal Underwriting Guidelines
In order to differentiate themselves from their life insurance competitors, Pacific Life offers more liberal underwriting guidelines that enable term insurance applicants who would normally be classified as a “standard” underwriting risk to become eligible for “preferred” rates. Pacific Life’s underwriting team calls these liberal guidelines their “sweet spots” meaning they can be profitable for allowing these liberal guidelines. Some of the areas where Pacific Life finds these “sweet spots” are:
- Weight and height guidelines for applicants age 65 to 80-years old
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood pressure meds
- Anxiety and depression meds
- Sleep apnea
- Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease
|Call us to find out if a condition you have will fall into one of Pacific Life’s “sweet spots” where you may be rated Preferred rather than Standard.|
Insurance Products from Pacific Life Insurance Company
Pacific Life offers a variety of insurance products including term life, variable universal life, indexed universal life and even whole life insurance. Pac life policies will accommodate most of the financial needs of individuals and businesses. Below is a list of their most current policies available.
Indexed Universal Life Insurance
- Pacific Discovery Xelerator IUL – designed for protection and supplemental income
- Pacific Discovery Protector IUL – great solution for insurance protection and wealth transfer.
- Pacific Indexed Accumulator 5 – perfect for insurance protection and high cash surrender value. Helpful in corporate-owned or employer sponsored plans.
- Pacific Indexed Performer LT 2 – designed for insurance protection, wealth protection, and supplement income.
- Pacific Indexed Estate Preserver 2 – designed for flexible and efficient estate preservation.
Universal Life Insurance
- Versa-Flex NLG – death benefit with flexible wealth preservation
- Versa-Flex PRO II-CV – delivers death benefit, wealth preservation, or supplemental income
- Pacific Estate Preserver III – death benefit with estate preservation
- Pacific Prime UL-NLG – guaranteed death benefit
Variable Universal Life Insurance
- Pacific Select VUL-Accumulation – offers protection and supplemental income potential
- Pacific Select VUL – designed for protection, wealth preservation, and supplemental income.
- Pacific Select Survivorship VUL – pays a death benefit once both insureds have died. Designed for flexible, efficient estate preservation.
- Pacific Prime VUL – simple design with investment options
Term Life Insurance
- Pacific PRIME Term – level premium term insurance for 10, 15, 20, or 30-years
- Pacific Term ART – annually renewable term
Whole Life Insurance
- Flex Protector II – interest-sensitive whole life insurance
- Flex XV – may be used as qualified plans
Pacific Life Policies Used For Business Owners
With the amount of fixed and variable products available, Pacific Life offers solutions for individuals wanting to protect their family and business. Pacific Life insurance products can be used as a vehicle to fund the following:
Helps meet the insurance requirements by the SBA for business loans.
Perfect solution for funding buy-sell agreements for business owners.
Key Person Coverage
Vital coverage after the death of a key person in a small business. Key Person coverage might be what keeps a business going when the rainmaker of a business dies.
It’s certainly no wonder that Pacific Life Insurance Company has become a leader in financial services when you consider the products they make available to individuals and businesses that provide significant solutions to financial risks.
The company backs their product line with outstanding customer service and an industry leading claims divisions. Doing so, allows Pacific Life to establish long-term relationships with their policyholders and the independent agents who are eager to represent them.
Just make sure that you compare the policies of Pacific Life to all options available. We can help you do that by running a comparison quote below or calling us to speak with a licensed insurance agent at 1-800-712-8519.